What does everyone want to know?
When is Pride?
HoCo Pride 2019 will take place on:
June 29th, 2019 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM!
Is this a family friendly event?
Bring EVERYONE! Mom, Dad, the kids, Grandma, Grandpa, and even your furry friends are welcome to join us for this historic event.
How do I become a vendor or a sponsor?
You can reach out to our amazing Sponsorship Coordinator, Chris Hefty, at email@example.com or fill out the application directly by following the link below!
What type of activities will you have?
We will have activities that range the whole gambit of excitement. Elder Pride spaces, Youth Pride spaces, games, speakers, exhibits, food, entertainment, and more!
How do I sign up to volunteer?
You can reach out to our spectacular Volunteer Coordinator, Alex Kent, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application directly by following the link below!
Where is Pride?
HoCo Pride 2019 will take place at Centennial Park:
(10000 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21042)
Does it cost to attend?
HoCo Pride is 100% free to attend!
How do I donate to Pride?
Thank you for your support!
You can follow the link below to help make Pride possible!
Will there be food?
Yes! We will have several community based food vendor options for you to enjoy!
Will this be a safe space?
HoCo Pride will be a safe space for all members of the sexual and gender minority community. Views and actions that are antithetical to this vision will not be tolerated.
Vendor/Exhibitor Rules and Guidelines
Thank you for signing up to be a vendor for HoCo Pride 2019: Remember|Resist|Rejoice.
Note that spaces will be assigned in the first week of June.Should you have any questions regarding the vendor application, e-mail Chris Hefty at email@example.com.
If you have questions about HoCo Pride, in general, please contact
Jumel Howard at 443.953.8631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please print out this page so you have all the information handy.Once again, thank you for signing up as a vendor and we look forward to seeing you at
The 2019 HoCo Pride Planning Committee
• HoCo Pride is an official event of PFLAG Columbia-Howard County.
• Unless otherwise communicated, the festival area will open at 11:00 AM on Saturday, June 29th, 2019.
• Vendors can enter for set up at 7:00 AM through 10:30 AM. No Vendors will be allowed to enter the footprint after 10:30 AM.
• All Vendors/Exhibitors must check in with the logistics coordinator, Michael Wassel, prior to set up.
• Vendors/Exhibitors must unload and complete set up by 10:45 AM.
• Vehicles must be removed from the festival footprint by 10:45 AM or be towed at owner’s expense.
• Any vehicles used for exhibition purposes must have prior approval from the logistics coordinator and fit within the space allotted.
• Within one hour following the end of the festival (or by 6:00 PM), vendors/exhibitors must remove all property brought into the area, and leave their space clean and free of trash and debris.
• Vendors/Exhibitors may not remove property or goods, or move vehicles during the operating hours of the festival (11:00 AM through 5:00 PM).
• Vendors must operate until 5:00 PM. HoCo Pride reserves the right to modify or change logistical plans.
• Failure to breakdown by 7:00 PM will result in $500 fine imposed by PFLAG Columbia-Howard County.
Small Business - A business with less than 10 employees and less than 1,000,000 in annual revenue.
Business/Retail - A business with more than 10 employees and more than $1,000,000 in annual revenue.
Nonprofit - An organization with an active 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.
Government Agency - Any agency acting on behalf of a local, state or federal government entity.
Food Truck/Vendor - Any vendor selling food or beverages during the event.
Booth Space - The footprint your business/organization has been designated for the duration of the event.
• All business or other activity for which booth space is requested must be conducted within the vendor/exhibitor’s designated area. Any activities conducted beyond assigned space, while “roaming” the event site, or that interfere with another vendor’s operation will result in immediate ejection from the event.
• A vendor may not assign, trade, sell, share, or otherwise transfer the advertising and exhibiting rights provided for in this agreement without the prior written consent of PFLAG Columbia-Howard County.
• Food vendors may not sell alcoholic beverages of any kind.
• It is the vendor’s responsibility to obtain any and all permits required by Howard County and the State of Maryland, and to pay all appropriate taxes and fees to the County and State. If applicable, food vendors must have ready for inspection, a Food Permit issued by the Howard County Health Department (HCHD).
. In the event that the HCHD closes a vendor’s booth, all fees and deposits are forfeited. Any fines incurred by PFLAG Columbia-Howard County, as a result, will be invoiced to the vendor.
• NOTE: HoCo Pride does not grant “exclusive” menu item rights to any vendor for any item unless an appropriate sponsorship fee can be negotiated for exclusivity.
• Vendors using heat and/or open flames must provide fireproof containers for discarding ashes and one visible fire extinguisher. It is the vendor’s responsibility to obtain any and all permits required by the Howard County Fire Department and to pay all appropriate taxes and fees.
• Booth and rental fees must be paid with the application, and are non-refundable.
• The Festival will take place RAIN or SHINE, however, in the case of excessively inclement weather, PFLAG Columbia-Howard County reserves the right to close the event. The event may be re-opened when deemed safe by the Howard County Fire Department.
• Refunds are not issued if the vendor cancels their space.
• Vendors/exhibitors must provide for their own electrical supply and any cords or other equipment necessary for their own display. Generators must be of the quiet type (≤75 dB) and kept closest to the booth it is supplying. Vendors with generators that create noise issues or produce excessive exhaust fumes may be asked to shut down their generator, relocate their generator, or cease operations for the event.
• All food waste, trash, and debris must be disposed of in proper containers. Vendors/exhibitors agree to pay for any costs incurred to clean up any of their waste not properly disposed of.
• Vendors/exhibitors are required to secure appropriate insurance to cover their operations in such amounts as they deem necessary. Vendors/exhibitors agree that PFLAG Columbia-Howard County shall not be liable for any loss or damage to their property unless caused by the negligent or intentional acts of PFLAG Columbia-Howard County. Vendors/exhibitors are responsible for providing PFLAG Columbia-Howard County proof of insurance for their business.
• Vendors agree to have as a minimum requirement Automobile Liability Insurance with a limit no less than $100,000 combined single limit for each accident for use of owned, hired and non-owned vehicles used on HoCo Pride site(s).
• In order to exhibit at HoCo Pride with booth space, PFLAG Columbia-Howard County must receive proof of business/organization insurance ($1,000,000 general liability) naming "PFLAG Columbia-Howard County" and “Howard County Department of Recreation and Parks” as additional insureds no later than one week before the day of the Festival. Most insurance companies will provide this to you at no cost.
• All applications are subject to final review and approval by the HoCo Pride Planning Committee. All decisions are final. By applying for booth space, vendors/exhibitors agree to staff and operate their booth in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
• Vendors/exhibitors agree not to place any equipment or goods in their booth that are objectionable, dangerous, or not in connection with the purposes of HoCo Pride, which reserves the right to require the removal of any non-compliant goods, activities or signs. PFLAG Columbia-Howard County also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse booth space to any individual or group, or to limit participation in HoCo Pride.
• HoCo Pride reserves the right to determine and assign the vendor’s location with the aim of providing a successful experience for all participants.
• Vendors/exhibitors agree to indemnify and hold harmless PFLAG Columbia-Howard County, its directors, officers, volunteers, and agents against any and all claims, demands, suits, and actions (including attorney’s fees and court costs) imposed on, incurred by, asserted against any of the parties identified above, caused by any negligent or intentional act or omission of vendor/exhibitor.
• Vendors/exhibitors agree to reimburse PFLAG Columbia-Howard County for the cost of any fines or liabilities incurred by PFLAG Columbia-Howard County due to the vendors/exhibitors failure to comply with any and all government regulations and/or for cleanup costs incurred by vendor's failure to properly clean up designated space.
• Vendor shall pay all sales or other taxes, fees, and assessments required by any applicable federal, state or local law in connection with vendor’s participation in HoCo Pride. Vendor shall indemnify, defend, and hold PFLAG Columbia-Howard County harmless for any taxes (including fees and penalties, if any) required to be paid in connection with the vendor’s activities. Vendor shall provide PFLAG Columbia-Howard with all requested documentation to evidence vendor’s compliance with tax laws and rules.
• Under no circumstances are you allowed to solicit any donations, contributions, or gifts for your company/organization during the festival.
• In addition to these rules, vendors/exhibitors must observe park rules and obey the instructions of park monitors at all times.
Vendors/exhibitors agree that the services or activities conducted in their booth space shall be supportive and appropriate to the purposes of HoCo Pride, which are:• To build a sense of community within Howard County's LGBTQ population.
• To encourage the public to embrace and understand the importance of tolerance and acceptance in our increasingly diverse community.
• To educate all citizens about the issues and concerns of sexual and gender minorities in the community.
• To advocate for policy and guidelines that benefit and support the LGBTQ community.
• To support the LGBTQ community in their efforts to cope with an adverse society.
• To promote and provide cultural activities within the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community.
• To increase the visibility of the sexual and gender minority communities of Howard County.
• Enhance the quality of life for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people in Howard County.
Who We Are
Our Local Partners
Become a Sponsor
Become a Vendor
In The News
P.O. Box 1479
Columbia, MD 21044
PFLAG Columbia-Howard County © 2017